Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanks #4- Grandparents

Grandparents truly are a gift from God. My grandparents, specifically, my grandma, played a large role in shaping who I am today. I think that grandparents want nothing more than to see their grandchildren thrive emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I have noticed that most grandparents will stop everything they are doing to in order to "be" with their grandbabies. My fondest memories were spending the night with my grandma. We would cook dinner, she taught me how important it was to take care of my skin by washing my face every night (she has beautiful skin at 84), she would pray with me, tell me stories, and in the morning she would make me the tastiest malt-o-meal for breakfast. Most of all she taught me love.
I realize that not all children have grandparents around, geographically or physically, but my daughters are so fortunate to be surrounded by the most amazing and loving grandparents. Thank you for being there for my girls to help shape their lives.











No comments: