Saturday, May 22, 2010

Strength and Courage

Grace with her beautiful Auntie Becky


I am overcome with emotions at how strong someone can be when faced with the uncertainty of what lies ahead. My little sister, Rebecah, is 24 years old, and was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The good thing is that this type of cancer has a 90% cure rate. She will beat this. It still hasn't set in that my sister has cancer. I have found myself asking the question, "God, why Becky?" I'm sad that, at her age, she has to battle this disease. She will start chemotherapy in about 2 weeks and it will be a 6 month process. She will eventually loose her hair, will be sick most of the time and yet she is so positive every time I talk to her. How is she doing it? She is surrounded by people praying for her on a daily basis, and she can feel it! Becky has a Caring Bridge website where she updates her page often. Please keep my little sister in your prayers.
I love you Becks!

1 comment:

Irun4fun said...

Thanks for the info, Angers. The Caring Bridge is a wonderful tool for updates and needs.

We are praying.