Monday, April 27, 2009

Gorgeously Green


Over a year ago, Jason bought me this book, Gorgeously Green (because I saw it on Oprah and wanted it), and I never picked it up, until now. After reading and watching a few shows this past Earth Day I realized that I NEED to do my part to help our Mother Earth. I remember that I had this book shoved underneath my bed. I started reading it this past weekend and can't put it down. I have already made my own All-Purpose Spray using water, vinegar, castile soap, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil and lemongrass essential oil. It is great. This book challenges you to take baby steps and do what you can every day. Eventually you will be living a totally different lifestyle, and a healthy one to boot!

Yesterday I bought these awesome little reusable/washable snack bags, instead of using plastic zip lock, from Esty.com. They are big enough for a sandwich, snacks, fruit, etc. Check 'em out...Evelyn Fields. A friend of mine at work had one filled with mixed nuts and thought it was a great idea. How many stinking plastic baggies do I go through a week? Way too many!

When I was pregnant I thought for sure I would be using cloth diapers (yes, all you mothers out there can tell me how CRAZY I was)...that hasn't happened and Grace is three months old. So instead I bought the G diapers for Grace. I got this idea from Carrie, and finally got the starter pack. I found them at Mother's market, but they have them at Whole Foods, and online too.

Like all good things, you never want to do it alone...I would love for my friends and family to take the Gorgeously Green challenge with me. If you have any tips feel free to pass them along. Have fun!

Love,
A

1 comment:

Bronwen said...

Catching up! and now your page is in my toolbar menu :) xo